Please update to a newer version or download a new web browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. Asymmetric Unit. Macromolecule Content Total Structure Weight: This is version 1. Hadders, M. Wong W. Porter C. Pike R. Ellisdon A. Pearce M. Bottomley S.
Membrane Defenses Against Attack by Complement and Perforins
Emsley J. Smith A.
- Unmasked II: More Erotic Tales of Gay Superheroes;
- Events to connect!
- Structural basis of complement membrane attack complex formation | Nature Communications!
- Complement membrane attack complex.
- Exponentiated Distributions.
Rossjohn J. Hartland E. Voskoboinik I. Trapani J. Bird P. Dunstone M.
Whisstock J. Slade D.
Lovelace L. Chruszcz M.
Minor W. Lebioda L. Sodetz J. Ishino T. Chinzei Y.
- The List (The Secret Service: Agent Wayne Mitchell Book 2)?
- Structural basis of complement membrane attack complex formation!
- About this book.
- Building Conflict Competent Teams (J-B CCL (Center for Creative Leadership)).
- Winning Ways for Your Mathematical Plays.
- The Genetic Code is the Genesis Word in the Book of Life.
- Complement membrane attack complex - Wikipedia!
Yuda M. All three pathways of the complement system classical , lectin and alternative pathways initiate the formation of MAC.
Another complement protein, C6 , binds to C5b. The C5bC6 complex is bound by C7. This junction alters the configuration of the protein molecules exposing a hydrophobic site on C7 that allows the C7 to insert into the phospholipid bilayer of the pathogen.
Similar hydrophobic sites on C8 and C9 molecules are exposed when they bind to the complex, so they can also insert into the bilayer. C8 alpha-gamma has the hydrophobic area that inserts into the bilayer. C8 alpha-gamma induces the polymerization of molecules of C9 into a pore-forming structure known as the membrane attack complex. Multiple molecules of C9 can join spontaneously in concentrated solution to form polymers of C9.
These polymers can also form a tube-like structure. CD59 acts to inhibit the complex. This exists on body cells to protect them from MAC.
Download Membrane Defenses Against Attack By Complement And Perforins
A rare condition, paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria , results in red blood cells that lack CD These cells can, therefore, be lysed by MAC. Deficiencies of C5 to C9 components does not lead to generic infections, but only to increased susceptibility to Neisseria spp. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Cell Biol. Hames and D. Glover eds. New York: Garland Science.