Thermal Hydraulic Fundamentals, Second Edition, 2nd Edition
Description This book covers the basics behind thermal hydraulics. It explores the characteristics of power reactors, thermal design principles, and how reactors generate heat. The text also presents transport equations for single- and two-phase flows.
The authors discuss the thermodynamics of nuclear energy conversion systems, including nuclear power plants and a simplified power system. They also consider the thermal analysis of fuel, single-phase fluid mechanics and heat transfer, and two-phase flow dynamics and heat transfer. The final chapter presents a steady-state analysis of a single heated channel. A solutions manual is available for qualifying instructors.
Nuclear Systems Volume I : Thermal Hydraulic Fundamentals
Product details Format Paperback pages Dimensions x x What makes Biblio different? Facebook Instagram Twitter. Sign In Register Help Cart. Cart items. Toggle navigation.
- Atlas of the Sensory Organs: Functional and Clinical Anatomy;
- Advanced Dairy Chemistry Volume 3: Lactose, water, salts and vitamins.
- Making Italian Jews: Family, Gender, Religion and the Nation, 1861–1918;
Stock photo. Kazimi Neil E. Search Results Results 1 of Todreas; Mujid S. Very Good. Disclaimer:A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition.
Book condition guidelines
Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged. Dust jacket quality is not guaranteed. Todreas; Mujid S Kazimi.
Nuclear Systems Volume I: Thermal Hydraulic Fundamentals, Second Edition
CRC Press. Used book in good condition. Has wear to the cover and pages. Compared with single-phase heat transfer, heat transfer with a phase change is an effective way of heat transfer.
- Nuclear Systems, Volume 1: Thermal Hydraulic Fundamentals [With CDROM] by Neil E. Todreas.
- Nuclear Systems Volume I.
- Nuclear systems - CERN Document Server;
- Reverse Deception: Organized Cyber Threat Counter-Exploitation (1st Edition).
- Nuclear Systems, Volume 1: Thermal Hydraulic Fundamentals [With CDROM].
- Encyclopedia of Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones!
- Account Options!
It generally has high value of heat transfer coefficient due to the large value of latent heat of phase change followed by induced mixing of the flow. Boiling and condensation heat transfers are concerned with wide range of phenomena. Pool boiling is boiling at a stagnant fluid. Its behavior is well characterized by Nukiyama boiling curve ,  which shows the relation between the amount of surface superheat and applied heat flux on the surface.
With the varying degrees of the superheat, the curve is composed of natural convection, onset of nucleate boiling, nucleate boiling , critical heat flux , transition boiling, and film boiling. Each regime has a different mechanism of heat transfer and has different correlation for heat transfer coefficient. Flow boiling is boiling at a flowing fluid. Compared with pool boiling, flow boiling heat transfer depends on many factors including flow pressure, mass flow rate, type of fluid, upstream condition, wall materials, geometry of the system, and applied heat flux.
Characterization of the flow boiling requires comprehensive consideration of operating condition. Heat transfer coefficient due to nucleate boiling increases with wall superheat until they reach a certain point.
Todreas & Kazimi, Nuclear Systems Volume I: Thermal Hydraulic Fundamentals, Second Edition, 2e
When the applied heat flux exceeds the certain limit, heat transfer capability of the flow decreases or significantly drops. The reduced heat transfer coefficient seen in post-DNB or post-dryout is likely to result in damaging of the boiling surface.
- Nuclear Systems: Thermal Hydraulic Fundamentals - Neil E. Todreas, Mujid Kazimi - Google книги!
- Formats and Editions of Nuclear systems. Volume 1, Thermal hydraulic fundamentals [literskemsare.ga].
- Self-Interest or Communal Interest: An Ideology of Leadership in the Gideon, Abimelech and Jephthah Narratives (Judg 6-12) (Supplements to Vetus Testamentum 106).
- Geometric Group Theory: Geneva and Barcelona Conferences.
- Security in Computing and Communications: Second International Symposium, SSCC 2014, Delhi, India, September 24-27, 2014. Proceedings;
- Construction Claims & Responses: Effective Writing & Presentation;
- Advanced Theory and Practice in Sport Marketing?
Understanding of the exact point and triggering mechanism related to critical heat flux is a topic of interest. For DNB type of boiling crisis, the flow is characterized by creeping vapor fluid between liquid and the wall. On top of the convective heat transfer, radiation heat transfer contributes to the heat transfer.